A re-evaluation of sorts, et al.
Happy February, all. 'Twas splendid to see many of you last night as we guffawed and chortled our way through beard-filled photos. Val, I will pay you five--count 'em, FIVE--dollars if you grow that full beard back and wear it with those tinted glasses. Boo-yah, indeed!
Things are going well for the Tuckers. We're still entrenched solidly and comfortably in our little slice of Murray heaven. It's much, much nicer teaching at the BYU-Salt Lake Center instead of commuting to Provo every single day. (Plus, the BYU-SLCE is right down the street from Nordstrom Rack, which is a definite advantage.) Melanie continues to rock the house down at the Hunter Public Library, where she's the best assistant manager they've ever seen.
I'd like to suggest we reconsider something brought up last night--namely, having Petersen Family Home Evening at different houses. I think it's a lovely idea. Here's how I see it:
Pros
1. It's the poorest members of the family that have to drive the most and, therefore, blow the most money in gas, money that they may or may not have. Having family home evening at said paupers' houses will save money for--oh, I don't know--the eventual necessity of baby food, or maybe, in my case, Rogaine.
2. It's a long drive, especially for our Provo-dwelling loved ones. I mean, we occasionally complain about people being absent, but that drive's nasty, especially when it's snowing and dead deer carcasses litter the highway like butcher-grade confetti.
3. Most of you have never seen my apartment. You're missing out. (Do YOU have seven guitars?)
4. Those who have to drive the most have cars that are left over from Clinton's first term in office. Any drive over thirty minutes, while occasionally inevitable, should be avoided. (That washing machine motor I installed in the Honda was old when I put it in. Now it sounds like someone's sandpapering a frog whenever I hit the gas.)
Cons (Yes, I do foresee some...)
1. There isn't as much room to play in the younger families' homes, nor are there amusing toys, like giant rubber balls or the occasional cat. (But Lindsey and Joseph have a cat AND a dog, and you can watch them fight; it's superb fun, especially if the snake ever decides to show up.)
2. We don't have the audiovisual resources of South Weberites. But neither did the pioneers. And they've got a state holiday devoted to them. So there.
Perhaps you can think of some more cons; I can certainly think of some more pros. I welcome all cogent discussion on this matter. And remember--seven guitars.
Love,
The Tuckers
Things are going well for the Tuckers. We're still entrenched solidly and comfortably in our little slice of Murray heaven. It's much, much nicer teaching at the BYU-Salt Lake Center instead of commuting to Provo every single day. (Plus, the BYU-SLCE is right down the street from Nordstrom Rack, which is a definite advantage.) Melanie continues to rock the house down at the Hunter Public Library, where she's the best assistant manager they've ever seen.
I'd like to suggest we reconsider something brought up last night--namely, having Petersen Family Home Evening at different houses. I think it's a lovely idea. Here's how I see it:
Pros
1. It's the poorest members of the family that have to drive the most and, therefore, blow the most money in gas, money that they may or may not have. Having family home evening at said paupers' houses will save money for--oh, I don't know--the eventual necessity of baby food, or maybe, in my case, Rogaine.
2. It's a long drive, especially for our Provo-dwelling loved ones. I mean, we occasionally complain about people being absent, but that drive's nasty, especially when it's snowing and dead deer carcasses litter the highway like butcher-grade confetti.
3. Most of you have never seen my apartment. You're missing out. (Do YOU have seven guitars?)
4. Those who have to drive the most have cars that are left over from Clinton's first term in office. Any drive over thirty minutes, while occasionally inevitable, should be avoided. (That washing machine motor I installed in the Honda was old when I put it in. Now it sounds like someone's sandpapering a frog whenever I hit the gas.)
Cons (Yes, I do foresee some...)
1. There isn't as much room to play in the younger families' homes, nor are there amusing toys, like giant rubber balls or the occasional cat. (But Lindsey and Joseph have a cat AND a dog, and you can watch them fight; it's superb fun, especially if the snake ever decides to show up.)
2. We don't have the audiovisual resources of South Weberites. But neither did the pioneers. And they've got a state holiday devoted to them. So there.
Perhaps you can think of some more cons; I can certainly think of some more pros. I welcome all cogent discussion on this matter. And remember--seven guitars.
Love,
The Tuckers

1 Comments:
I'm all for the switching of location for FHE.
By
MerryPair, at 11:20 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home