Petersen Patrol

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Approaching Christmas...

We loved being with all of you on Thanksgiving--eating, hanging out, playing games etc. And it was so fun especially to see Kimi and Dani (we love them!) We missed B, Q, and L! Actually, it was fun to see everyone, since we don't get to hang out that much anymore. Even though we live only 45 minutes away, sometimes it seems we live about 5,000 miles away with how busy life gets.

I've been spending most of my time doing missionary visits. Jeff and I are both ward missionaries, and so we get to teach the new member discussions to all the recently baptized people in our ward. It is amazingly awesome! It's such a privilege to be with new converts who are so sure in their testimonies and who bring the spirit so readily.

I'm getting another calling today. Pianist in the Relief Society. It's been awhile since I've had a music calling. I actually volunteered for this one when the RS president and I were talking and she started to fret about who would be her next pianist. "There's no one who can help, Melanie." "I can," I replied. A few weeks later and here I am with the calling. Actually, the bishop said they had already chosen me for the calling before the RS president said anything to them. Funny how things work.

Jeff is trying to get caught up with all of the grading that was put on the back burner while he finished his thesis. Oh-and our stolen/recovered car is finally back home after being repaired (see our blog for details). We now have a shiny new red bumper that makes the rest of the car look very faded, old, and tired.

To end, I would suggest that each of you read the Ensign this month. The articles are truly inspiring and really got me in the Christmas spirit. I especially liked the talked about discernment by Elder Bednar.

Love you all,
Melanie (and Jeff)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home