Sundries, et al.
Dear all,
We're thrilled--really, thrilled--that everyone's started contributing to this here blog-thingie. Isn't it grand? Before the blog, we'd have to wait until we were all clustered around the dinner table at Iris' and Verlo's to catch up on things, and that wasn't ideal, because--if someone said something funny--we ran the risk of mashed potatoes being spit or something. (On a related note: Don't eat mashed potatoes while you read the blog.)
The Tuckers are all right. (Sounds like a song by The Who, eh?) We continue machete-ing our way through the steamy equitorial jungle of life, clinging hard and fast to the iron rod, which has now rusted from all the tropical rain, but still runs straight and true to the celestial mango tree. (I think that allegory got a little out of hand...) Anyway, you know what I mean.
Jeff was down in Orange County a couple of weekends ago. His dad invited him to test-drive the new Lexus LS460, of which there are only eight in the world. (It was some special, invitation-only event thing.) So, yeah, that was fun, since they held the test-drives on the runway of an old Marine Corps air base, so you could haul serious patoot, if you know what I mean. (There! "I" said it! I'm sick of writing in the third person!) I also gave some of the other Lexi a spin, and a BMW, which is the most confusing car I've ever been in. (Many people couldn't figure out how to put it into drive; one guy left it in reverse and got out.) I mean, sure, you'd learn the controls after a while, but I'm more of a plug-and-play guy when it comes to cars, you know? Accelerator, clutch, volume knob: Those are all the controls a real man needs!
Here, Melanie better take over.
I had so much fun spending some time down in South Weber last weekend. I got to see almost all of you (I missed Dani!!) Basically, we all learned that my dad can scare small children and that he'll be treading on thin ice with Lydia from now on. Also, I learned that it's not a good idea to drive home in the dark wearing glasses with an outdated ten-year-old prescription. But thankfully, my life has been preserved once again.
I can't remember what I did last month. Does that mean I'm getting old? I'm almost twenty-eight you know. Jeff and I have been going to the Farmers' Market here in Murray on the weekends for the last little while. We like to buy peaches and tomatoes, sample everyone's wares, and talk to the vendors in Spanish (we're on a first name basis with Andrés now). The whole process makes us feel hippyish--a feeling which we've never had before.
On Friday, we also signed up for milk delivery from Winder Dairy. At the time it seemed like a good idea, but after the fact I said, "Wait a minute, Jeff. I work just one minute away from the Winder Dairy store. Why couldn't I just drop by and get some milk on the way home?" Oh well, this may be the only time in our lives when we can have this extravagence because in the very near future we will be the poor librarian-professor duo. I will also be happy knowing that we will always have milk in the house for Jeff's breakfast, and that I don't have to stop by Smith's at 9:30 p.m. on the way home from work. Peace of mind is priceless, right?
We're thrilled--really, thrilled--that everyone's started contributing to this here blog-thingie. Isn't it grand? Before the blog, we'd have to wait until we were all clustered around the dinner table at Iris' and Verlo's to catch up on things, and that wasn't ideal, because--if someone said something funny--we ran the risk of mashed potatoes being spit or something. (On a related note: Don't eat mashed potatoes while you read the blog.)
The Tuckers are all right. (Sounds like a song by The Who, eh?) We continue machete-ing our way through the steamy equitorial jungle of life, clinging hard and fast to the iron rod, which has now rusted from all the tropical rain, but still runs straight and true to the celestial mango tree. (I think that allegory got a little out of hand...) Anyway, you know what I mean.
Jeff was down in Orange County a couple of weekends ago. His dad invited him to test-drive the new Lexus LS460, of which there are only eight in the world. (It was some special, invitation-only event thing.) So, yeah, that was fun, since they held the test-drives on the runway of an old Marine Corps air base, so you could haul serious patoot, if you know what I mean. (There! "I" said it! I'm sick of writing in the third person!) I also gave some of the other Lexi a spin, and a BMW, which is the most confusing car I've ever been in. (Many people couldn't figure out how to put it into drive; one guy left it in reverse and got out.) I mean, sure, you'd learn the controls after a while, but I'm more of a plug-and-play guy when it comes to cars, you know? Accelerator, clutch, volume knob: Those are all the controls a real man needs!
Here, Melanie better take over.
I had so much fun spending some time down in South Weber last weekend. I got to see almost all of you (I missed Dani!!) Basically, we all learned that my dad can scare small children and that he'll be treading on thin ice with Lydia from now on. Also, I learned that it's not a good idea to drive home in the dark wearing glasses with an outdated ten-year-old prescription. But thankfully, my life has been preserved once again.
I can't remember what I did last month. Does that mean I'm getting old? I'm almost twenty-eight you know. Jeff and I have been going to the Farmers' Market here in Murray on the weekends for the last little while. We like to buy peaches and tomatoes, sample everyone's wares, and talk to the vendors in Spanish (we're on a first name basis with Andrés now). The whole process makes us feel hippyish--a feeling which we've never had before.
On Friday, we also signed up for milk delivery from Winder Dairy. At the time it seemed like a good idea, but after the fact I said, "Wait a minute, Jeff. I work just one minute away from the Winder Dairy store. Why couldn't I just drop by and get some milk on the way home?" Oh well, this may be the only time in our lives when we can have this extravagence because in the very near future we will be the poor librarian-professor duo. I will also be happy knowing that we will always have milk in the house for Jeff's breakfast, and that I don't have to stop by Smith's at 9:30 p.m. on the way home from work. Peace of mind is priceless, right?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home