Petersen Patrol

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Missing the Sun

It is cold and white in Ohio. We're pretty much snowed in because they don't plow side streets for days after the snow hits. I miss the California sun! That being said, I'm so glad to be back home with my Lydia and Quintin. They had lots of fun Valentine surprises for me. Quintin was such a sweetie to take on the extra load of house/Lydia care while I went vacationing in LA for a week. It was FABULOUS! I stayed with a dear family friend/old roomie -- Karene and she treated me to a BBQ, beach sunset, Universal City Walk, whale watching, the piers, Joe's Crab Shack, and of course... The Price is Right. I wish you could have been there Grandma, it was a blast! It was so cool to see the studio and to talk to Bob. I'll put more info and pictures on the blog. The trip back didn't end up very nice, but we got a voucher so it makes coming home this summer more likely!

I'm in my last trimester with Junior now. Lydia is super excited and keeps asking when we pass the hospital if we can go have baby brother. Not quite yet. He's a lot more active than Lydia was -- hopefully that doesn't carry over too much once he arrives on the scene.

For all of the semi-newlywed females (within the last 30 years or so) I read a book I thought was pretty good: "Strangling Your Husband is not an Option." I know, the title kind of turned me off too, but I woke up super early for my return flight and picked it up and read most of it and I thought it had some great pointers and reminders. Mostly about what we as women can be doing to become better wives. Some stuff didn't apply, and I guess some won't apply to all yet but I thought it worth an hour or two. It's good to make sure you're on track.

How are the wedding plans coming Ashley? We got your invite to the shower and wedding, but traveling past week 28 is a no-no so we won't be there. Wish we could! Are you sure you don't want to postpone until August? Just kidding! Keep us posted. We'd love to see some more of the engagement shots, bridals, etc.

Happy V-day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home