Petersen Patrol

Monday, March 12, 2007

Yet Even More Zany Tucker Action; or, In Praise of DST

Dear all,

Well, the wedding was a royal hoot. I've devoted an entry on our family's blog, http://tuck-everlasting.blogspot.com, to showcasing the artfully blurry pictures taken on Saturday. For those of you who actually want clear pictures (and we know who you are), a few appear above. Really, though, try the blurry ones--you'll never go back. It's like seeing your family on some underground-rock band's album cover.

Ashley and Mike: We here in Murray wish you newlyweds all the best, wherever it is that you are--a cruise, is that right? (I really must commend Mikey for keeping the honeymoon destination secret for so long. With hush-hush skills like that, you oughta be joining the CIA, son.) And remember, as my dear mother told me before my own nuptuals, that the passion only lasts three years. Make of that what you will.

But the wedding really was great. We had lots of fun with Ashley's friend, Lindsey, who flew in from Maryland to attend the festivities. She's great, quite the international bright, young thing, as they say. Anybody who's willing to fly cross-country, only to haul reception equipment around, deserves respect, I say. (And you should say, too. Say!)

Aside from the wedding, there's really not much to report. Teaching is going well at BYU, and Melanie's star at the library continues to rise. I guess the biggest thing to happen to us is the switch to daylight savings time, which I celebrate like a druid at Stonehenge--the fact that it's come earlier this year only adds to my merriment. The added sunlight has reacquainted me with my old friend, Seratonin, and I'm riding high. That, plus my acai-based smoothies, has made me a happy camper, indeed.

NOTE: Wednesday, March 14, is Pi(e) Day. Anybody wishing to celebrate with me should consume a slice of pie at exactly 1:59, AM or PM. Your efforts to help make this day a more well-recognized holiday are appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home