Better late than never....
Well, here we are. Melanie and Jeff. Jeff and Melanie. Life's plugging along for us here in Murray. Our lives pass by as if a dream. If any of you have read our blog, you'll know we've been traveling to California like crazy, but now we're home and getting ready to trek.
We've been spending a lot of time with Drew and Jess (sorry, guys, about the circumstances), but we've looking forward to a nice dinner with them soon.
I've also had a treat in talking on the phone to Lindsey more often, and it's been fun to reconnect with her.
Jeff and I tried to reach the goal of walking 30 min. five times/week for our "Trail of Faith" award for pioneer trek. It sounds simple enough, but it got particularly difficult on the nights when I got home from work at 9:30/9:45 p.m. I'd unwind and then realize it was 11 p.m. and too late to go outside. So we'd find ourselves running around the living room, karate chopping, dancing to music on the TV, whatever--for 30 minutes. On one occasion we had to really push ourselves to go for the thirty minutes after the Paul Simon concert on TV was over and there were no more tunes to sway to.
So we decided to take the easier option and participate in the Kaysville Rotary 5k. Jeff and Blake ran it. Erika and I walked it and got some good chatting time in. We're very proud of our guys. They both ran like lightning and made us swoon. The only trouble was that even though I signed up to walk, they counted me as a runner, and apparently I was about the slowest "runner." Oh well, we had a good time and are considering making it a tradition.
I also learned that Brent is the president of the Kaysville Rotary and that my dad is one of his fearless followers. That's great! Sounds like they're doing lots of good things, and I was glad to hear that the proceeds from the race went to literacy efforts.
Below are some pictures for you to enjoy.

Mel and Jeff at San Juan Capistrano in CA

Jeff in one of his "I love nature" and "I am cute and suave" poses

One of Jeff's favorite restaurants--Ruby's Diner. Here he is enjoying a black forest shake.
We've been spending a lot of time with Drew and Jess (sorry, guys, about the circumstances), but we've looking forward to a nice dinner with them soon.
I've also had a treat in talking on the phone to Lindsey more often, and it's been fun to reconnect with her.
Jeff and I tried to reach the goal of walking 30 min. five times/week for our "Trail of Faith" award for pioneer trek. It sounds simple enough, but it got particularly difficult on the nights when I got home from work at 9:30/9:45 p.m. I'd unwind and then realize it was 11 p.m. and too late to go outside. So we'd find ourselves running around the living room, karate chopping, dancing to music on the TV, whatever--for 30 minutes. On one occasion we had to really push ourselves to go for the thirty minutes after the Paul Simon concert on TV was over and there were no more tunes to sway to.
So we decided to take the easier option and participate in the Kaysville Rotary 5k. Jeff and Blake ran it. Erika and I walked it and got some good chatting time in. We're very proud of our guys. They both ran like lightning and made us swoon. The only trouble was that even though I signed up to walk, they counted me as a runner, and apparently I was about the slowest "runner." Oh well, we had a good time and are considering making it a tradition.
I also learned that Brent is the president of the Kaysville Rotary and that my dad is one of his fearless followers. That's great! Sounds like they're doing lots of good things, and I was glad to hear that the proceeds from the race went to literacy efforts.
Below are some pictures for you to enjoy.
Mel and Jeff at San Juan Capistrano in CA
Jeff in one of his "I love nature" and "I am cute and suave" poses
One of Jeff's favorite restaurants--Ruby's Diner. Here he is enjoying a black forest shake.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home