Petersen Patrol

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I wonder if I'll do this more than once . . .

Here I am, and for once at a loss for words. Hmmm . . .

I am not big on mail. Snail mail or email. Especially writing it and very seldom reading it. It's kind of the same with journal writing. I actually want to write more than I have time for and so where do I stop? What do I leave out? But if I sit and worry about it I never get anything written, so here goes.

We, of course, are getting ready to cross the Atlantic Ocean, without my children. I'm a little nervous about that. I am very excited about visiting a whole different continent (thanks to Val's BIG ideas and Dad & Mom's generousity).

Life seems to be busier than EVER and I don't think it will ever go back to just regular busy. I think Satan is working a plan. This worries me - I want to be in control of my chaos.
A. keep house including laundry
B. manage children's schedule
C. fulfill enrichment leader calling
D. visiting teaching
C. visit and care for family
E. plan and have FHE weekly
F. attend temple regularly
G. work at elementary school
H. PTA job - legislative
I. Elementary 30th B-day planning
J. Organize and cleanout craftroom/closets/pantry/kid's closets/photographs
K. Volunteer in two different schools - 3 different classrooms
L. Plan and teach Elle's home preschool
M. Weed an oversized yard
N. Vegetable garden? I hope mom's on top of that
O. Daily scripture study
P. Discipline - every two seconds
Q. Help the kids make habits of picking up after themselves every 10 minutes
R. Check email
S. Boutique crafts
T. Workout
U. Journal
V. Phone conversations take up too much time
W. Make healthy meals from scratch
X. Teach service by example
Y. Eli's scout & Gospel in action goals - kid's homework
Z. Write in this blog
AA. Grocery shopping
BB. Date night?
. . . this list could go on but I'm out of time

Phew. I need to go back to school and learn better management skills. Just a little overwhelmed this morning, I guess. When I talk with others, they are just as busy - I think it's all a big plan!
Being Under Satan's Yoke. So how do you get out?

You know, this blog sounds depressing and negative - I really don't mean it to. I am just putting down my current thoughts (Elle and Emi are on my lap, fighting about "you're touching me" the whole while). But it's all good and the variety of choices we have are abundant and wonderful. I just wish I could slow down and enjoy them more.

I love you all and am so grateful that I get to be apart of this family.
God Bless,
XO Care

P.S. Remember, this blog was Melanie's idea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home